This page is for sharing and documenting any format changes to the series. This could include points calculation, awards, rules, registration, and anything else that may worth knowing.
- Lower annual membership fee, now $23 ($20 + processing fees), good for the entire year, no USATF membership required. Check out the new, simplified registration process for 2017 here
- MANY new trail races and distances added to both the Spring and Fall Series to add to the fun! Check out the new 2017 Race Calendar.
- Updated base point values to give more weight to race distance yet keep all races relevant to the series.
- New “Texan Nomad Division” described by Joe Prusaitis below and detailed here.
- New way for Club/Teams to earn points in Relay Races described here.
- Lower Club / Team membership registration fee, now $33.50 ($30 + processing fees), good for the entire year
- 2014 Race Calendar opened up for the rest of the state this year. So, the same (8 Tejas Trails & 4 Capt’n Karl’s races) added in with (5 Dave Haneburg races: Possum Kingdom, Whispering Pines, Cedar Ridge, Rough Creek, & Isle du Bois), (2 NTTR races: Grasslands & Rockledge Rumble), (2 Rob Goyen races: Brazos 100 & Brazos 50), (2 Bill Gardner races: Piney Woods & Lighthouse), and finally… Cross Timbers, TNT, paleface, Palo Duro, and Big Cedar.
- Key Changes in 2014:
- Add a lot of other races in the state of Texas.
- 2013 Race Calendar (8 Tejas Trails & 4 Capt’n Karl’s races only) Bandera, Rocky 100, Rocky 50, Nueces, Hells Hills, Pandora, Cactus Rose, Wild Hare, plus Pedernales, Muleshoe, Colorado Bend, & Reveille Peak Ranch.
- In the beginning:
- We create a set of rules for scoring
- Individuals are required to be USATF members
- Must complete a minimum of 4 races.
- A runner may run more than 7 races but only top 7 scores will score.
Note: Specific changes to the Series Scoring formula can be found archived on the historical Results pages.